ghilley adair (
tonberrykin) wrote in
kaisou2026-08-25 09:00 am
Entry tags:
[PROPHECY POST] he nicked my irn bru and he let go of my haaand
WHO: Ghilley Adair, the seers, and you!
WHERE: Libra, Gemini, and technically the Wingalet in Meropide
WHEN: Todayish?
WHAT: The future freaks me out.
WARNINGS: n/a to my knowledge
--
[ video; un: DOINK!!! ]
[ so Ghilley isn't filming himself at first, but rather, the deck of the Wingalet--a rather impressive expanse of metal that's currently being swarmed by Spheals doing their level best to clean the deck to a sparkling sheen. water is being gunned, one Spheal is wrapped up in a lot of shammy cloth, one has a series of sponges carefully tied to the fan of her fat little tail. eventually Ghilley will tip the camera little more towards himself, threadbare tanktop and hair that's either artfully tousled or unbrushed sticking every which way in pink and blue cacophony. ]
So first of all, you're welcome.
Second of all, my teeth ghost got to rattling last night, so I'm guessing similar phenomena have started occurring amongst the other people so beset by the future--
Anyway, so like, back in the day when I was a young creature and the world new and the unicorns could've come to me fresh and in the tender dew of my maidenhood, we used to have library class, right, because grade school was very good at going 'you'll definitely need to know what a Dewey decimal is, it's very different from your bog standard decimal' and sometimes the Librarian would need to like... not actually supervisor a bunch of 8 year olds because they had shit to do even though they weren't real teachers, so they'd put on movies, and in the wintertime--
[ as he finally pauses to deeply inhale, leaning over to catch a Spheal that comes rolling towards him and send it spinning back across the deck as it giggles in orbish delight ]
--in the wintertime, they'd put on this movie about a boy who was like, a very posh boy, he had a housecoat and slippers and two parents, and he built a snowman with like, legs and stuff, and then the snowman came to life and they went [ as he changes tone to sing-song] soaring through the aiiiiir even though they called it walking, it was soaring, flying, breaking free, Wildcats--
[ another inhale, shaking his head as he forces himself to eject from that train of thought because it's going towards a Wile E. Coyote ass wall ]
Anyway, it's really weird to have the sensation of 'soaring through the skies' passed over your not-quite-awake senses, and I was so high in the moment, wind harsh on my face, breath barely in my lungs--it rattles you so much harder than flying does.
Hope you aren't afraid of heights. I am. It's why I'm so short, probably.
[ says the man who runs around on pipes near the ceiling for about half of his day, but what do you need to know? ]
WHERE: Libra, Gemini, and technically the Wingalet in Meropide
WHEN: Todayish?
WHAT: The future freaks me out.
WARNINGS: n/a to my knowledge
--
[ video; un: DOINK!!! ]
[ so Ghilley isn't filming himself at first, but rather, the deck of the Wingalet--a rather impressive expanse of metal that's currently being swarmed by Spheals doing their level best to clean the deck to a sparkling sheen. water is being gunned, one Spheal is wrapped up in a lot of shammy cloth, one has a series of sponges carefully tied to the fan of her fat little tail. eventually Ghilley will tip the camera little more towards himself, threadbare tanktop and hair that's either artfully tousled or unbrushed sticking every which way in pink and blue cacophony. ]
So first of all, you're welcome.
Second of all, my teeth ghost got to rattling last night, so I'm guessing similar phenomena have started occurring amongst the other people so beset by the future--
Anyway, so like, back in the day when I was a young creature and the world new and the unicorns could've come to me fresh and in the tender dew of my maidenhood, we used to have library class, right, because grade school was very good at going 'you'll definitely need to know what a Dewey decimal is, it's very different from your bog standard decimal' and sometimes the Librarian would need to like... not actually supervisor a bunch of 8 year olds because they had shit to do even though they weren't real teachers, so they'd put on movies, and in the wintertime--
[ as he finally pauses to deeply inhale, leaning over to catch a Spheal that comes rolling towards him and send it spinning back across the deck as it giggles in orbish delight ]
--in the wintertime, they'd put on this movie about a boy who was like, a very posh boy, he had a housecoat and slippers and two parents, and he built a snowman with like, legs and stuff, and then the snowman came to life and they went [ as he changes tone to sing-song] soaring through the aiiiiir even though they called it walking, it was soaring, flying, breaking free, Wildcats--
[ another inhale, shaking his head as he forces himself to eject from that train of thought because it's going towards a Wile E. Coyote ass wall ]
Anyway, it's really weird to have the sensation of 'soaring through the skies' passed over your not-quite-awake senses, and I was so high in the moment, wind harsh on my face, breath barely in my lungs--it rattles you so much harder than flying does.
Hope you aren't afraid of heights. I am. It's why I'm so short, probably.
[ says the man who runs around on pipes near the ceiling for about half of his day, but what do you need to know? ]

image + text | un: silhouetto
Same thing.
And being short doesn't have anything to do with acrophobia, what the hell. I'm short and I spend most of my time flying or hovering around.
text; un: DOINK!!!
no subject
no subject
Text; UN; Semmelweis
I am unsure if what I saw was a prophecy this time around or just a rather peculiar hallucination. But if it is a portent I have no idea what it could mean. I saw in my vision what I am pretty sure was Mr. APPLe, a former associate. Either that or it was a regular apple.
UN: hikari-vi | Text
Also I'm short and I enjoy heights.
text; un: DOINK!!!
see i didn't have a boat in my. dream? vision? out of body experience?
it would have probably been less disorienting though i do have to wonder how cromulent the idea of standing on the outside part of an airship while it's airshipping is
no subject
Hmmm, I'm not sure. It has a whole deck area that implies that it's okay to be on it, but at the same time that might be just for show. Probably best to ask the engineers.
no subject
Oh, oh, if they say it's totally cool because physics won't send you rocketing off to Alabama, can we re-enact the one scene from the Titanic on the pointy bit?
no subject
... Sure, why not. I'll even let you be Rose.
no subject
!!! I'M FLYING JUN!!!
no subject
Have you left me out of the newsletter loop?
text; un: h1ghw1nd
I made... this. its weird, this time.
from what I've learned, white and yellow roses are usually used to reflect on past bonds and memories of people you've lost.
red poppies, rosemary and white clover represent remembrance. eidelweiss is... courage? or devotion.
the lotus is what stands out the most to me. they can mean purity, enlightenment, and resilience, but the meaning that's standing out most to me is rebirth. renewal.
[Honestly, something about all of these together is hitting a little too close to home.]
text; un: swimteamking
[The rest sounds ominous. Mostly because of the whole Perfect Dream incident he'd been caught up in. People you've lost...]
Do you feel this is something to be fearful of? Things such as renewal don't sound terrible, all things considered. But best to be cautious, I would think.
un: kesitakame
Not a reminder of how all he knew in his home realm will never return.]
I saw visions of my mother and sisters.
text; un: archangel
Is that a bad omen?
no subject
I confess that it is difficult for me to see them in an unbiased light. Nigh impossible. This is the only way I may see them after all.
no subject
[Well that's a foot rammed into his mouth, there.]
Understood. Sorry to ask and... get that brought up.
But if there wasn't anything unsettling - maybe we're in the clear?
voice; un: snowy
I saw... my parents. Both of them. This life, and- [His voice catches. It takes him a moment before he continues.]
All four of them shifted in my shadow.
voice; un: lightkeeper
Do not overexert yourself, Phainon. [A pause, as his eyes close behind the feed. Just thinking about his long lives combined is enough to drown in. He can only imagine what it's like for Phainon.]
If you need some time to decompress, I am sure Casimir would love to play with you.
no subject
Yeah. I have enough of those already.
[20,000 lifetimes. Not every single one of the 33 million, but even still. So many of them, he remembered his parents died when he was young. Oftentimes, it was because he had to kill them as a child, because of the Tide.]
I'm— [Choking on air. Struggling to breathe. Neither of these are answers he'd ever be willing to give, even if they're exactly what he's feeling.] I'll be okay. [He's not okay, not right now. But he will be, eventually. Phainon is almost certain Flins can tell he's avoiding giving an actual answer anyway.]
But... I think I'd really like to come by sometime to see you and Casimir soon. Not... right now, but- soon.
[Right now, Anaxa and Mydei will be the ones he leans on, at least until he feels like he can breathe and not drown under every emotion that threatens to rise in his throat.]
no subject
...
If you are sure. [His tone gives away his doubt. But pushing Phainon would be a bad move at this juncture. He needs the support of those closest to him--Mydei and Anaxa are likely better suited to handling something like this. They know the lifetimes in question better than Flins could. ]
He's quite the fluffy cat, I'll say. You wouldn't be disappointed should he want to curl up by you to convince you to nap with him. Thankfully, he runs on no schedule other than a lightkeeper's, so...whenever you're ready.
Please stop by.
[Using Casimir as a way to say 'Please come by soon', he can think of worse roundabout ways.]
text; un: doordasher
probs a stupid question but
r u ok bud?
that sounds rough
no subject
I... I'll be okay. I just- I lost both of my parents really young. Back then, and now. I wasn't expecting it.
no subject
thats
im really sorry man
do u need anything?
(PRIVATE) voice; un: skemma
[ Distant grumphing sounds abound. Anaxa's voice is gentle in a way only his partners ever get to hear. ]
I can drop everything right now. Just say the word.
forever private;
I—
[The Tide. Livia and Piso's broken and jagged voices cry out in pain as Phainon realizes the monsters he was fighting are the two village children he adores, has to now kill because it'd be a mercy than to let them suffer as this. Audata and Hieronymus, his parents, burn alive in a building and scream for him, calling out and begging to be saved— and the apartment blazes like a firestorm, the cries of his name echoing in his ears as the firefighters can do nothing to save them in time. He's crying, eight years old, trying to run back to them even as the adults hold him back, kicking and screaming as the flames rise higher.
20,000 lifetimes, and even this one, bleeding into each other, stamping over and over and over themselves like a terrible movie gone awry. Phainon has made himself as small as possible, trying to keep himself from moving on the couch, the poor critters around him completely concerned.]
I... Anaxa—
I need you... please...
no subject
I'll be there soon. I want you to focus on me, alright? Focus only on the sound of my voice.
[ Rather than let things fall to silence, he'll begin to talk about-- well, it's an old Grove lecture on the theorised properties of Nouspores. One that Phainon has probably heard millions of times at this point, if accounting for every life they've lived together. The point is that it's familiar, and it keeps him talking and gives Phainon something to latch on to until he can be there in person. Just hold on, he'll be there as soon as he can... ]
no subject
So while he can't really provide much in terms of responses, Anaxa will hear him mutter along sometimes, reciting bits of quotes and things that he can recall.]
I am... I am...
[But Mydei now knows, so either way- both of them are coming for him as fast as they can get there.]
text; un: absolutenumber
For evidence of this phenomenon, I suggest you contact March 7th, who was conveniently on hand with her camera for most if not all of these incidents.
video; un: photocutie
[She pauses, then sighs and yanks the cloth off this month's photo board. This time, the frame is decorated with little apple stickers, and the photos are all of apples in motion, falling downward. Suspiciously, while the photos are cropped to leave someone's face out, if you look closely enough you can still see the very top of someone's head in the way of the apple—purple hair and a laurel hair clip.]
I took pictures of apples! Mostly apples about to fall on someone. I'm so sorry. Please don't throw chalk at me again.
Video | un: absolutenumber
['Sorry' is a simple word, Veritas.]
no subject