video; un: lightkeeper
WHO: Flins and (sadly) You
WHERE: Libra and Gemini
WHEN: 08/22
WHAT: Tangled Wire...Curse (?)
WARNINGS: everything
[The feed opens up to one rather distraught looking fae, his golden eyes cast down as he stares at something, seemingly on the table he's sitting at. There's a laboured sigh as he runs his hand through his hair, the blue/purple ombre locks falling right back into his eyes as if they'd never been pushed away to start with.
What could have this fae so distraught?]
I am humbly requesting assistance to anyone willing. It seems I have been afflicted with a curse of unknown origin. I know not the source of it, nor do I know how it could best my tolerance to such tricks. It doesn't look to be the work of my cousins, either.
I suppose that does not matter.
[He raises his hand to show the 'cursed' item in question which is...his phone cord which seems to be tangled in one very loose knot resembling the figure eight. It's held between his thumb and index finger as he looks upon it in absolute tragedy.]
I am afraid I am doomed to lose my phone's battery life if I do not get this untangled, but this is the work of a master. I cannot touch it.
Would anyone be willing to come and free me from this curse?
[It should be noted, he has no other wires here. This is the only one.]
WHERE: Libra and Gemini
WHEN: 08/22
WHAT: Tangled Wire...Curse (?)
WARNINGS: everything
[The feed opens up to one rather distraught looking fae, his golden eyes cast down as he stares at something, seemingly on the table he's sitting at. There's a laboured sigh as he runs his hand through his hair, the blue/purple ombre locks falling right back into his eyes as if they'd never been pushed away to start with.
What could have this fae so distraught?]
I am humbly requesting assistance to anyone willing. It seems I have been afflicted with a curse of unknown origin. I know not the source of it, nor do I know how it could best my tolerance to such tricks. It doesn't look to be the work of my cousins, either.
I suppose that does not matter.
[He raises his hand to show the 'cursed' item in question which is...his phone cord which seems to be tangled in one very loose knot resembling the figure eight. It's held between his thumb and index finger as he looks upon it in absolute tragedy.]
I am afraid I am doomed to lose my phone's battery life if I do not get this untangled, but this is the work of a master. I cannot touch it.
Would anyone be willing to come and free me from this curse?
[It should be noted, he has no other wires here. This is the only one.]

UN: MusicologyMinor
[She's so lost, and also, concerned,]
no subject
At the lighthouse, of course.
[What...other way is there, Flins.]
no subject
Largely because she has never been to that lighthouse.
It's fine. There's. Probably only one inhabited lighthouse right?? Yeah.
What other way??? Would she mean Flins!!!]
Right. ...I've never visited, so that...wasn't actually obvious, but I can probably fix your...
...H-hold on, it's just the one? ....Should I bring a spare for you, maybe yours has a really stubborn kink...
no subject
Oh? My apologies, I did not properly introduce myself last we spoke. I am Kaisou's lighthouse keeper. You may simply call me Flins.
A pleasure to meet you, young lady.
[But at the thought of now having two cords (TWO!) he chuckles.]
Oh, there is no need for that. I fear what having double the amount of wiring would do. Twice the problems, I'm afraid.
no subject
She has to think about that. And hard. It's a difficult thing when most of the memories were firmly in BAD AUTUMN/WINTER zone.]
Yasuho, [She somewhat awkwardly introduces back, even if she's still not sure on the matter.
She will muse it her entire drive, and also her entire ride on a shooting star.]
....you really think it would jump to another cable..?
no subject
A pleasure to meet you, Miss Yasuho.
[Are you just not going to address the date? No?]
Ah, you misunderstand. It's not the tangled wire curse that would be the issue. It's that two cords are far too many for my lifestyle.
no subject
[She'll just. Stop that ramble short before she gets too far going though, and focus on her driving.]
I definitely can't remember anything farther than about fifteen years ago though. I am not an immortal...thing. [She almost said dragon. She's not even a dragon. Though she is, she supposes, a bit faerie. Hm.]
...Oh.
[Uh, that's certainly a reason.] You don't like the idea of a back-up cable..? I try to have a second somewhere in my house in case something happens to the first...or at least some kind of adapter....
no subject
[Yes, this goth asshole is distantly related to Tinkerbell, or whatever.]
Since I come from a time that had no such need for things, I would rather not keep too many pieces of technology collected. A phone is useful for keeping in touch, so I have made an exception, but other than that...
[He's not even averse to Iron, and yet he plays the part amazingly well.]
no subject
[If organic lantern fae is unavailable, store-bought deer will have to do.]
I...see...
[This is astounding for her to hear as someone dealing with technology via an iron aversion.]
...If you replaced the cord, would the curse carry over?
video: un: bar_cat75
...You only have one fuckin' chord how did you even get it tangled? [ This is the loosest definition of the word "tangled" anyone has ever used. ] You don't even fuckin' use it.
no subject
You're right, I never touch my phone cord. [The way he says that with such confidence needs to be studied.] So it must be the work of some otherworldly force.
I suppose we should say our goodbyes here. With my phone cord tangled, I will no longer be able to charge it, and we must now write letters to each other like the lovesick couples of old.
no subject
[ Flins. Please. Husk stares at the sky for a moment, letting out a long, slow breath. Remember you love him. Remember you chose this. ]
Stop being so fuckin' dramatic about it, Kyryll. I'm the one who comes to plug in your damn phone anyway. I'll just tangle it then. I ain't writing you a damn letter, you live like ten minutes away.
no subject
[He seems wholly unfazed by the ridiculousness of this statement.]
My dearest Husk,
It has been days now since we last spoke using the technology of today. It feels like I just saw you, moments ago, but your presence is indeed a missing piece in my heart.
no subject
It's been three hours.
But fine. You want me to come back? I can come back and fix this wire you obviously can't fuckin' untangle yourself.
[Flins knows he always has Husk to do this, Husk will never say no even if he'll complain about it loudly. ]
no subject
[Flins brightens up immediately, like a fresh violet popping out of the snow.]
It seems my big, strong cat has finally arrived to free me from this mortal coil that has entangled itself. You are a hero with no peer.
no subject
[ Husk would do just about anything to see that smile- and his grouchy demeanour immediately softens, a gentle smile crossing his face. ]
What can I say? Someone's gotta save you from yourself, and I've been doing it so long at this point, might as well keep being me. I'll be there soon.
text; un: doordasher
Dude that’s
Just pull on both ends dude
no subject
[His fingers loop around where the cord curves, pulling ever so slightly.]
Alas. It is impossible. I suppose I will have to wait for a big, strong cat to save me from this predicament.
no subject
bruh.
[They are squinting. They are squinting so hard.]
i uh
i think a cat is just gonna
make it worse man
no subject
Hm. I wouldn't way that. He's quite a talented cat. He used to work for the Black Order, but now enjoys a retired lifestyle bartending for the locals.
He's elegant and poised and has a pair of bright red and black wings.
There is also Casimir, my apprentice who also happens to be a Maine Coon. He may be able to save me.
no subject
and wings?
r u sure he is a cat??
uh
ok 2 cats with jobs
but i dunno if they can like
be asked
cats kinda just do their own thing
no subject
As for Casimir, he's much the same.
...
I have now discovered something quite interesting about those two. No wonder they fight over my attention.
no subject
ok im glad u got ur realization! awesome!
still doesnt help u with the cord tho dude
voice; un: belleoftheboulevard
[Pause.]
Okay, so good news, you can actually fix it yourself! Just pull on both ends, it'll untangle itself not long after. Unless there's some kind of curse on your charger wire that'll hurt you if you try, it should be fine.
no subject
Young Hermes suggested the same thing, but it seems it is beyond my capability to do myself. Perhaps it is something only humans can do effectively.
[Sigh.]
At this rate, I am doomed to live without technology. I will become a hermit and signal my posts by morse code.
Do the youngsters know morse code these days?
no subject
Assuming this is a curse, there's a possibility it may be laid only on the house or on your belongings, in which case if you get out of the house and borrow a cable it might not take effect.
no subject
You're quite the smart young lady--I don't believe we've met.
My full name is quite the mouthful, so you may simply call me Flins.
[Despite hearing so much of Belle, the man has actually yet to speak to her. Unlike that coyote.]
no subject
[Poor coyote. It's okay, Belle will run interference.]